Why is the Steam version more expensive? It's $10.99 on Steam and $6.99 on itch.io
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
In the not so distant future, with the advancement of virtual reality and the internet of things, a powerful computer virus capable of infecting any digital system is causing chaos throughout the city.
Control Rada, a regular programmer who loves baseball, roller skating and going to the bar. Uninvited, she builds a software called The Wirewalker, capable of hacking any infected digital device at the Wired.
- 2D 3-Color Top-Down Action-RPG that happens around the year ~2060
- Fun text with playful elements and situations
- Hand-crafted dungeons with many enemies, puzzles and bosses
- Many weapons that are also used as tools to help overcome obstacles and challenges both the in the real and virtual environment
- Optional side quests to help Rada improve her equipment
- Optional color palettes to collect
- In-Game final timer that already discounts load times for speedrunning leaderboards
- Original Modern Chiptune Music made by Composer Danielle Serranú
- This game contains two dogs. And also a whole dog-themed dungeon.
|Tags||2D, Action-Adventure, Action RPG, Cute, Dungeon Crawler, Female Protagonist, Pixel Art, Retro, Singleplayer, Top-Down|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||English, Portuguese (Brazil)|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Joystick, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Because I launched first on steam and everybody complained that it was expensive for just 3 hours of gameplay and bla bla bla. So I adjusted here but kept the original price on steam in respect to the early buyers. Also to keep a good logic between my increases discounts (10%, 25%, 33%, 40% and so on) so its not even more confusing if I suddenly price drop and start to discount less to compensate.
But its frequently on sale on steam and it will be already 50% off next sale so it will be about the same price.
the fact is that I did all this by myself and I hate marketing and I didnt know shit I was doing so Im very sorry, you are correct the prices are messy
my next game I'll have a publisher help me with this sorta of things. for this game no publisher wanted it because I didnt make it in unity. but Wirewalk 2 is being made in unity.
that said, weirdly enough, nobody pays the minimum price here on itch. I have 0 minimum price pays. Everybody gives a tip for at least 1 dollar. Some guy gave me a fucking 11 dollar tip! Also my game is never bought on sale here, only when not on sale god knows why.
and on steam the game only sells when on sale. I sell almost no copies when not on sale. So all in all it ends up being somewhat the same price. :D
Anyway, if you prefer on steam, next sale on steam is coming by the end of january so stay tuned!